Delanie came home with us mid-afternoon on Saturday. She barely fit into her 0-3 outfit that we had picked out for her (you know, in case the original newborn sized outfit didn't fit). This means that she will probably need to change clothes 6 times a day to get through her 0-3 wardrobe (mommy went a little overboard at Gymboree, see previous posts)!
Delanie was greeted by grandparents, her great grandmother, her aunt and uncle and her fur-siblings. We had to calm some jumping and excitement, but were happy that it wasn't coming from the dogs.
Deanna is slowly recovering, but as usual, has a hard time staying still. Dave gets a vote as #1 Dad as he handles most of the burping and diaper changes, in addition to helping Deanna with so many daily tasks.
We are happy to be home, but are also a bit overwhelmed by our new role as parents. We are very grateful for all the help we have been receiving, and thank you to everyone for all of the phone calls, emails, cards and well-wishes!
Sunday, April 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Deanna and Dave,
Delanie is beautiful, she's going to fit into your family perfectly! Congratulations on the little...um....big ball of joy! What a pretty girl...looking forward to meeting her someday. For now, enjoy your family time and learning about parenthood.Jill
Congrats Dave and Deanna!! I just saw Carrie and Shaquille in DC the day after you had the baby and got the news firsthand!! Hope to meet this new person at Wip soon. Cheers, Denise (Odell)
Wow-cannot believe you are a Dad, David. Congratulations to you both. What a wonderous time. Enjoy-forwarded to Ben who is getting married next year. Maudie
Dave, congratulations! You probably didn't expect to see my name on here. Mom just e-mailed me the site, so I thought I'd write a little note. I know your going to absolutely love being a dad. I hope I get to see you and your family next time you make it back up this way. Brad Herndon
Post a Comment